OPEN DAY - SAT 28th JULY 2018, 2pm -4pm
Call Solomon Singh on 01805 625721 to reserve a viewing appointment.
Assisted Living Apartments (Night Warden 1030pm to 7am)
Designed to offer the over 55s' a relaxing and pampered lifestyle, The Penthouse consists of eight extremely spacious and airy apartments with both ensuite and kitchenette facilities. The ensuites boast large walk in glass showers with modern fittings. The apartments are available both furnished or unfurnished. Residents will have the benefit of housekeeping, laundry, three meals per day*, regular outings* along with access to a concierge* service through the Home’s reception. Daily weekday transport to Great Torrington is also available and included in the weekly fee.
The Penthouse has a large communal dining and lounge facility so residents can socialise if they wish by dining together as well as taking part in group activities. Unfurnished rooms start from an affordable £350 per week and £375 furnished inclusive of 1 hour domestic housekeeping, property maintenance and access to the concierge service to help with such tasks as picking up prescriptions, groceries and posting of parcels for example.
Weekly Fee is inclusive of the following:
- 1 hour domestic assistance per week to help with vacuuming, cleaning and laundry.
- All utilities excluding telephone.
- 3 meals per day as follows:
- Breakfast: Cereals, tea, coffee, milk, fruit juice, bread, preservatives & fruit.
- Lunch: Choice of two cooked meals with dessert
- Supper: Choice from savory dish, sandwiches, soups, fruit or dessert
- Transport for organised trips within a 20 mile radius of Great Torrington to shopping centres, garden centres, beaches and golf clubs for example. Only available Monday to Friday and not including Bank Holidays.
- Daily Transport to and from Great Torrington Town Centre by arrangement.
- Concierge service to pick up medications, parcels, post letters etc... A 20% surcharge will apply for the purchasing of items. Hatchmoor Nursing Home will send a member of staff once per day for these duties. Only available Monday to Friday and not including Bank Holidays
- Emergency Call service
- Access to Warden 24 hours per day
The Penthouse does not offer personal care. This may be purchased from independent Care Agencies. Please ask for a list of current providers in the area.
The Penthouse does have a Warden during the day. This role is just to check on the Residents and carry out the domestic duties as well as taking Residents on outings. The Night Warden will be available from 10.30pm to 7am with the role of domestic duties and to call the Emergency Services if ever needed. The Wardens will not be able to offer care such as help with personal washing/dressing. If Residents wish to have personal care this can be purchased from local care providers.
*Furnished apartments will be provided with the following items:
- 4ft 6” Bed and Headboard
- 2x Bedside tables
- 1x Chest with 6 drawers
- 1x Dressing Table with stool and standalone mirror
- 1x Triple Wardrobe with Full length mirror
- 1x Dining Table with 2 Chairs
- 1 x Manual reclining armchair